Header Ads

We Grow Wiser When We Take Corrections




Puffcorn or Popcorn?

A certain man who sat right beside me beckoned on one of the street hawkers to ask for the price of his products (popcorn).

The stuff was romantically wrapped/packaged in that you can't get your gaze off it!

Meanwhile the young man kept shouting "puffcorn, puffcorn, buy your puffcorn".

Personally, I felt approaching him will be detrimental; trust me, I had to reserve my comment, you know how rough these street boys could be with words! You'll end up feeling sorry for yourself.

On getting to the person that called him; "it is N100", he replied! The man reached out and grabbed​ one, and quickly asked him, "is it puffcorn or popcorn"?

The young man I'm sure had no idea of what to say. However, he quietly worked away after receiving his pay, and the next thing I heard him say was; "popcorn, popcorn buy your popcorn".

Mehn, that got me wowing! Though he didn't say anything, but he quietly took correction which I am certain he's gonna pass it on to his fellow colleague in the ministry.

And then I wondered, if a street hawker could understand the need for taking corrections so as to see a better version of himself, how much more our supposed "Slay Kings And Queens"? Or those of us that claim we are more educated to be corrected!

Trust me, supposing that talk was between a King-Queen Slayer, 'you know what I mean don't you'? or perhaps you that feels you know it all; I'm sure the end point would've been awesomely different. "They just have their unique way of always covering their ignorance.

"I love them sha"!

The guy really made me smile, unknown to him!

Learning Never Ends they say!

Have Yourself Reviewed Always!

Take corrections where and when necessary, you'll end up seeing yourself grow better than you can ever imagine.

Do well to drop your comment below

No comments

Powered by Blogger.