Header Ads

Are You and Your Partner Incompatible or Refreshingly Different?


My friend loves the middle of a bread and I love the outside. He hates exercise, I love it. He knows everything there is about music, I know very little. Does that mean that we are incompatible or refreshingly different?

The fact that you may enjoy different ways of doing things to your partner really doesn’t matter, so long as you feel close. You will find that if you feel close to your partner, you will decide that you are compatible and in those moments that you feel less close, you will probably feel incompatible. How close you feel will depend on your mood.

No doubt, when my friend is in a good mood, he thinks I’m really loyal. In a bad mood, he probably thinks I’m stubborn. When I am in a good mood, my friend is an optimistic person. When I am in a bad mood, I can easily think he is unrealistic. In a bad mood, my friend probably thinks I am opinionated and in a good mood, he might think I’m expressive.

Excited or frightened? Good mood or bad mood? You are always breathing and always thinking. Your emotions and moods change as a result of your thinking. If you appreciate the other person’s differences and see them as complimentary then you can work well together. If you think you are incompatible, then it is because you aren’t appreciating the differences.

If you are in a good mood, you are going to be more optimistic and light-hearted. If you are in a bad mood, you will be more negative and pessimistic. Your moods make you shift perspective. That’s why I always say it doesn’t matter what your partner does for a living, what hobbies they have or don’t have. If you feel intimate and loving, then everything else that your partner does or doesn’t do is less important.

If you feel close to each other, regardless of your differing interests, you will feel more aligned with what you are doing in the world, physically, materially, spiritually and emotionally.
If you are at odds, it is like pouring tea with a teapot that has holes in it, so the tea mostly pours out of the holes, and the rest trickles out of the spout. Your energies are discombobulated. You don’t need to be like your partner, you just need to feel close to them.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.