Header Ads

A DAY IN PRISON - All They Kept Screaming Was "I Want To Go Home; I Want To Be Free".



I was at MEDIUM SECURITY PRISON, KIRIKIRI LAGOS yesterday for the first time and I realized how golden freedom is. I saw LIVES; people's family members, then I thought to myself, "how did this guys end up here"? 

Above life and good health, FREEDOM is NEXT.

I saw young guys all locked up in a place praying one day to get out in the world. Walking into the prison and giving a tag with a warning "if you lost this tag,you are not going anywhere" i knew that freedom also has a value.

Some had been there for 10 years already without being tried in court. Really? 10 years wasted! and the judgement still hanging. I began to realize how lucky we are to move to anywhere we wanted without restriction because we are not better than prisoners. My colleague saw his Secondary School mate and had a chat with him. A percentage of them are victims of circumstance.


The sad part hit me when we were told not to give them anything directly...and when Small doctor (Artiste) performed and attempted to throw money to them he was stopped, and he asked if he could give it to the prison officers and they yelled "NO" then he broke down in tears.

This is a life time experience and thanks and congratulations to LAMBOGINNY who launched and celebrated his first ALBUM "SALT" and has giving hope to prisoners for Nine years consecutively. You are a HERO,a LEGEND in the making. Thank you! LAMBO


The rest of them on green overall are choristers in the Prison. I wept when I listened to those guys ministering. There and then I reasoned with myself that if I was living a wayward life, I would've repented and given my life to Christ.

While in our prayers, we are busy asking God for long life, prosperity and in good health, the prisoners are always on their knees praying day and night for #Freedom.

I appeal to everyone that we use any opportunity we have to visit them and give them hope and a reason to be positive and see a bright side of life.

Please share!

No comments

Powered by Blogger.