Header Ads

Check Out These Simple Tips On How To Overcome Fear



I was on a route to Ibadan, from Lagos, just about 20minutes into our journey; along Ibadan Lagos Express Way, our vehicle was put on a halt by members of the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC).
One frustrating thing that can ever happen to you is finding yourself in the midst of people you do not know nor understand their dialect.

And  so as we waited, an argument ensued between the driver and one of the officers​, then few passengers chorused with their native dialect, (Yoruba). I still didn't understand what was going on.
I turned​ to my right while still inside the bus and noticed a big clearly defined and designed bill board with an inscription; "We Will Expose You".
"Hmm and the driver has been exposed already", I smiled to myself as I said!

Truly, the driver was exposed!

The next thing I heard was "O wale" meaning "come down", as both the driver and the officer bent to check as though something strange was happening​ to the vehicle. While we waited a bit before getting down, I kindly approached one young man, gently dressed as I was, and I whispered; "please what's going on?" He tried explaining, then I heard the officer screaming, looking straight to my direction, he said; this vehicle is leaking".

And guess what was leaking; FUEL.

"Oh Lord have mercy", I exclaimed!

So this is exactly what causes fire outbreak in a vehicle... On my part I was afraid, we quickly agreed that we were not going to continue the journey with the same vehicle. "God forbid bad tin", the women exclaimed!

As we argued on, we discovered in the long run that we had no choice. I wasn't still comfortable though! After much deliberation between the driver and the officer, he was released and they pleaded with us to join him. We murmured inside as there was no choice.

Obtaining my seat, at exact position of the leakage, I sat impatiently uncomfortable. I began to think to myself; so this is how people step out and meet their premature death for one man's mistake. 'Oh Lord have mercy!'

There is always a tendency!

As I thought through, an assurance came, and I remember God's promises which He said I should declare to myself that I shall not die, but live to declare his good and marvelous works. And in the scriptures I am made to understand that though I walk through the shadow of death, I fear no evil... Another conviction came, reminding me of the children of Israel and the red Sea.

The next thing was that I turned those inspirations into prayer. Did it work? Oh yes! It did! As soon as i said "In the name of the Father and of the Son, of the Holy Spirit" that fear disappeared automatically. By this time I was not bothered about what other passengers were saying.

Let me shoot this as a question, have you ever receive or conceive any positive vibes when faced with fear, distress, oppression, depression, rejection, subjection or any hardened situation?

Trust me, the best thing to do is turn the inspiration into prayer, you don't need to make it obvious. Ensure to say them meditatively, believing that your heavenly father shall surely see you through.

In not more than 2 hours, we were already at Ibadan.

The vehicle that had fuel leakage and we were afraid it was going to catch fire was the same vehicle that took us safely to our destination.

What a mighty God we serve! Trust in Him with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.

Shalom!!!

No comments

Powered by Blogger.